The lifestyle as a sister of Alpha Omega Epsilon does not exist within just our chapters or end with graduation. Alpha Omega Epsilon offers its members many opportunities to connect with the overall Sorority. By volunteering with Alpha Omega Epsilon you will be given many opportunities to promote friendship, leadership and professionalism. Committees are organized under each of the Board of Directors and offer a wide range of involvement and responsibilities and allow you to work alongside your fellow sisters! To learn more about a specific committee, please contact volunteercoordination@
To volunteer, please fill out this survey.
- Responsible for organizing and hosting the International Convention and helping chapters as needed to plan the Regional Conferences.
- Tasks include planning, organizing, advertising, budgeting, and facilitating contracts.
- Committee members are also responsible for attending and running the in-person International Convention.
- Convention is held in person every 2 years each convention is a combination of networking, planning, informational, speaker, judiciary, town halls, and social events.
Member Relations Committee
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing Sorority-sponsored programs to fulfill the mission statement of the Sorority.
- Members of this committee work with dispersed groups and gather feedback to develop programs that meet international audiences.
- Past Projects: Mentorship Program, Book Club, Game Nights, Professional Development Seminars.
- Members of the election committee assume responsibility for the board election process
- Tasks include:
- Collecting board nominations for elections
- Accepting and publishing the Board nominations
- Opening “Requests for Volunteers” for open offices
- Distributing valid nominations, qualifications, and absentee ballots to all members
- Distributing a request for “Nominees for Appointment” to all members
- Maintaining and carrying out voting procedures at Convention
- Publishing a list of the new officers to be distributed to all members.
- Maintains and updates the Sorority governing documents
- Clarifies and interprets the sorority governing documents
- Reviews and/or develops amendments to Alpha Omega Epsilon governing documents
- Oversees review periods for amendment proposals and distribute proposals to all members.
- Makes recommendations to the Board on amendments to the Sorority governing documents.
Finance/Promissory Note Committee
- Responsible for creating and managing the sorority's budget and overseeing invoicing for income and expense
- Proposing and managing fundraising events
Researching potential financial issues, such as, but not limited to, taxes and investments
- Responsible for assisting chapters with budget procedures and assist when questions or concerns arise
- Responsible for maintaining promissory note database, distributes promissory note payment information to all new alumni, & tracks and collects promissory note payments
Risk Management Committee
- Develops programs and provides relevant risk management information to prospective chapters, chapters, committees, and directors
- Assists in reviewing and updating the Risk Management Policy
- Assists the Board Secretary in reviewing and investigating risk management infractions
- Document all records, newsletters, and family trees from chapters
- Document and take photos at all sorority events
- Compile and maintain all permanent records of the sorority
- Assist with data collection and winner selection of annual chapter and alumni awards
Chapter Audits Committee
- Reviews and maintains Chapter Audit documentation
- Schedules and completes chapter audits with designated chapters each semester
- Maintains copies of all chapter audits performed
- Ensures that each chapter is audited in a timely manner, in accordance with the Chapter Audit Policy
- Notifies the Director of Chapter Services of any concerns that arise during a chapter audit
- Maintain original and revised copies of Sorority Bylaws, policies and procedures
- Maintain original and revised copies of all chapter charters, bylaws, policies and procedures
- Ensure the documentation policy and procedure written in the Sorority policies and procedures is being followed and organized
- Be custodian of the records and of the seal, of the Sorority
- Review the event planning form submissions, including contract reviews and any necessary follow-up with the submitting chapter
- Approve or deny all entries in accordance with insurance, risk management, and event planning policies and procedures
- Maintain all documents and relationships with our insurance company
- Review all requests regarding additional insurance, COI's, and policy changes with the finance team
- Suggest changes to the Risk Management policies and procedures
- Create resources and guides for active chapter procedures
- Assist with the active chapter advisory council and relays information from the chapters to the Board/Regional Advisors and vice versa
- Work with the regional and chapter advisors
- Reviews and provides feedback on proposed policy changes from active chapters to the Board Relays questions and concerns from the regions to the Board
- Assigned by the chapter
- The chapter advisors duties are to maintain a close contact with the chapter and advise and assist the chapter with proceedings
- Attend chapter meetings and events when possible
- Provide month to month updates on the chapter to the RA's and DoCS on the operations and activities of the chapter
- Answer any questions or concerns that arise and be a liaison from the chapter to the Board of Directors
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Committee
- Responsible for uplifting our sisters, educating our sisterhood, and providing the best resources regarding EDI topics
- Provides resources to the Sorority regarding social justice and equity
- Fosters a dialogue at all levels of the Sorority regarding equity, diversity, and inclusion
Volunteer Coordination Committee
- Solicits interest from members in volunteering
- Maintains pertinent information on alumni volunteers and their activities
- Obtains feedback from volunteers on volunteer activities and implements improvements as necessary
- Coordinates all volunteer recognition programs and awards
- Maintain the Volunteer Handbook and the Board of Directors Resource Handbook
Alumni Association Committee
- Responsible for actively pursuing the installation of new prospective chapters and assist with the prospective chapter installation ceremony
- Develops and maintains procedures to lead interest groups through the Path to Alpha Omega Epsilon Guides and assists each prospective chapter through development and in conforming to the Sorority governing documents
- Acquires required agenda and paraphernalia for prospective chapter and chapter installations
Website & Database Committee
- Responsible for contacting all our members and reminding them to update their contact information in the growthzone database
- After the database is up-to-date the committee will focus on maintaining the accuracy of the database by utilizing chapter membership lists and OTRs
- Updates the international website with accurate information, forms, links, and resources in addition to organizational news
Fraternal Health and Safety Initiative
- Develops training on prevention and intervention strategies for pressing issues on college campuses
- Responsible for delivering training and being a resources to collegiate chapters
- Travels to chapters to conduct Alcohol Awareness Training Initiative practices
- Approve and assist chapters with merchandise designs and issues
- Assist in developing merchandise for the Sorority
- Manage licenses and verified vendors for the sorority symbols and logos Moderate the Merchandise Connection Facebook page
- Maintain the Merchandise Policy
- Collects information, organizes, and writes the international newsletter, The Angle
- Distributes all print and media copies of the newsletter
- Maintains contact with Alumni Association, Collegiate Chapters, and Board of Directors to keep the records updated
Social Media Committee
- Maintain Chapter Social Media Accounts including managing Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn groups
- Create content that highlights the sorority, the chapters, and the individual members
- Assist committees with the promotion of their events, forms, etc.
Strategic Planning Committee
- Supports leadership in the planning, execution and maintenance of the 5 year strategic plan and process of the organization. This activity cascades the vision and strategies to detailed action plans for the board and committees to execute
- Leads the annual planning cycle which includes benchmarking, surveying to monitor progress and performance, data analysis and facilitation of a SWOT analysis when applicable
- Maintains the planning tool and dashboards that measure the performance and KPIs of the organization.